Celestron SkyMaster 20×80 Binoculars Review
OK, so our blog reviews about ‘Best Telescope’, but one of the great untold stories of amateur astronomy is that a good pair of binoculars will do just as good a job as a medium telescope, and be much more portable into the bargain, as well as easier to use.
There are lots of people who do not want a large telescope cluttering up a corner of a room or garage, and even the most basic telescope will require a certain amount of setting up. With binoculars, you can just store them away in a drawer when you don’t need them, and when conditions are right, you just take them out, and point them at whatever you want to see.
The best pair of binoculars for our purposes, and at a reasonable price, are without doubt the Celestron SkyMaster 20×80 Binoculars, which are simply huge, and more than powerful enough to see Jupiter’s Moons and the disk of Saturn’s rings.
The one thing that you must note with large binoculars is that they will be heavy, and so if you are going to be viewing for more than a few minutes, you really need a tripod.
Luckily, the Celestron 20 x 80 Skymasters come with a tripod attachment, and Amazon sell a range of suitable tripods for about $30 or so, which can be bought at a later date if you find you want one.
Looking at these binoculars, the first thing you will notice is the long, flared body. This is to make the aperture as big as possible for collecting the maximum light, and the length increases the focal distance, which in turn increases magnification.
Click Here to Check The Latest Price
- Bak-4 prisms, which are of high quality, focusing images into the eyepieces and requiring little or no adjustment.
- Multi-coated optics for sharp images and long life. Quality lenses are the vital ingredient for quality binoculars, and Celestron always provides coated lenses.
- An easy focus adjuster between the barrels, which can be turned with your thumb as you look at an object.
- A tough, waterproof body, making these ideal to take anywhere.
- Collimation screws. These adjust the lenses if needed to give you pin sharp images all the time.
- Tripod attachment, which attaches to standard camera tripods.
Overall, customer reviews give these binoculars 4.5 out of 5 stars, a very impressive result, with the main comment being the fact that the supplied carry case is quite thin, but many people re-use the foam padding that they are supplied in. Here are some sample I found while researching these binoculars.
Hi, Daniel Here! When I’m not busy working at my own startup, you may find me roaming around the Univers and whats beyond our sky, telescope is a must.